Here's where I muse, I knit, I crochet, I quilt, I rant, I rave, I carry on about the world in general. My patterns and notes on patterns will appear on Knit Knack Patty Shack.

Monday, December 12, 2011

What Happened to My Happy Place?!?

Normally, I am an easy-to-get-along-with kind of girl who is rather amiable with everyone I run in to (with the exeption pf a few that just creep me out), but this past weekend has proven to be one of my worst weekends ever!

I can't neccessarily go into details, but I can tell you that I spend a lot of time alone during the day. And that's becuase I have a husband and two boys (both under the age of 9) who are very active and talkative! So the moments I get to myself in my house are very valuable to me.

I don't mind the occasional day where I do nothng but play video games. I'm a knitter, so this relaxes the muscles in my hands by not clenching them in the same position for extended periods of time. I don't mind listening to music or to the tv while I knit. This gives my mind smething to do while my hands are busy. I don't mind having house guess who stay for a few days. It's a bit of adult interaction. But when all of these things are happening all at once, I'm like someone who has missed several doses of Zoloft! And getting this way makes me cranky and then I start yelling and then nobody is happy. And this makes me very unhappy because I DID NOT KNIT for 2 straight days!

Needless to say, I need those 8.5 hours to myself at my house BY MYSELF because they help me to retain my sanity. I do my social interaction elsewhere, though occassionally people come to visit.

Something must change. I'm not sure what or how, but something must change. SOON!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online