Here's where I muse, I knit, I crochet, I quilt, I rant, I rave, I carry on about the world in general. My patterns and notes on patterns will appear on Knit Knack Patty Shack.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Love Dare: Day 16

Love intercedes.

Yes, yes, it does. Today's challenge: Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse's life and in your marriage.

These are personal so I won't be listing them here, but it's hard to pray for God to change him. It feels selfish to me. I'm always parting that God will change me, find something in me that needs to be different. This will be a complicated task, but not one I can't achieve. I'll probably leave it open ended, so God has a choice, hehe. But that is copping out.

So I'm off to think long and hard about this one. While you wait for me to come back, know that I am also reading Boundaries in Marriage by doctors Henry Cloud and John Townsend. I picked mine up at Amazon.com.

So far, it's kicking my butt, but picking me up. I have made myself a prisoner in myself and my marriage. So right now, I'm learning what I do and what I don't have the power to control. Good read. I recommend it.

Oh and yes, join me at Twitter.com

Back later, after church.

Day 16, endnote:
So, I did it. Unselfishly. Things that are more beneficial to him than to me, but still I did it. Tonight ends on a pretty good note.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online