Here's where I muse, I knit, I crochet, I quilt, I rant, I rave, I carry on about the world in general. My patterns and notes on patterns will appear on Knit Knack Patty Shack.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Wrapped in Peace

Today, I begin the Pretty as a Peacock Stole by Dot Matthews (pattern here and Ravelry link here). This one is going out to a woman that I have went to church with my whole life and who I have truly come to respect. When I was looking at patterns for soles in general last week, I envsioned her in a white one with a peaceful expression on her face.

What I did not know was that ealier in the week, she sat next to a woman from East India on a plane. Her name was Shanti. can you guess what her name means? According to Wikipedia: Inner peace. And the peacock is the official bird of India.

So, in light of all this, I will be naming mine Wrapped in Peace. I will link it when I have the project up on Ravelry.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online