Here's where I muse, I knit, I crochet, I quilt, I rant, I rave, I carry on about the world in general. My patterns and notes on patterns will appear on Knit Knack Patty Shack.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Love Dare: Day 3

Love is not selfish.

Really? That sorta had me at a duh until I read the challenge. "To show your spouse that you are thinking of them buy something for them." Easy peasy! Flowers!

NOT!!!!

He says it's weird to send a guy flowers and that he would royally pissed if he recieved them out of the blue. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Go ahead google 'gift ideas', 'edible gifts', 'same day delivery gifts'. I dare you. See what you found? FLOWERS! Yeah, there's Vermont Teddy Bears ($70), Edible Arrangements ($54), and cookie baskets ($60), but those don't say anything about how I feel.

I was on the phone with my bestie--while I was trying to find something other than flowers--and she had the most ingenious idea: make him a cool picture. Which is awesome!

For those of you who don't know me, I am a semi-graphic artist. I can't use photoshop, but I have a program called DAZ3D(<--- click it). It makes people--in a sense. Anyway fairies are my thing and dragons are his. I feel a cool fanatsy pic comin on!

So far, day three is looking up. So far. Be back later with more.

Day 3 midday:
Not up anymore. He told me he didn't want me to give him anything because it just distracted him from trying to think. So no work is being done on any picture. I'm just going to watcha movie and take a nap and then do dishes or something. Day 3 will not be a successful challenge. I will have to repeat it tomorrow.

Day 3 evening:
I give up. Not on the dare, just on him. I give up. I'll let the pieces fall where they may. I feel so alone in all of this. There's no one to turn to, ther's nothing to say. I feel like one of those special cases on House where I have some reare desease and they can't find a cure for it. Excpet by the end of this episode, let's face it people, this patient dies. This heart has stopped beating.

Day 3 endnote:
CAUGHT! I was caught doing th Love Dare (it sounds so dirty, lol). He only read the first day and hopefully he forgets to come back here. So I explained about the whole flowers thing and about how I actually had to complete the challenge in some way, shape, or form. He said oh. Thanks! Really! Don't know how succesful I will be in completing this challenge at all, but I will have to at some point.

So Day 3 is not a succes, nor did it end on a high note. I'm just as confused about where all this is going as ever. I don't like being in limbo.

See ya'll tomorrow.

1 Comment:

Sarah said...

We tried to figure something out. Why does he have to be so damn ungrateful? You are helping him as much as you can and he should do the same. You are on a personal quest to better yourself. Do not give up. Do not let this set you back. Don't give up on anyone or anything. You are not along in this. You have me and you know that. Yes, right now I can't actually drive to you, but I'm only a phone call away. I love you, Patty. You are my bestie for life!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online