Here's where I muse, I knit, I crochet, I quilt, I rant, I rave, I carry on about the world in general. My patterns and notes on patterns will appear on Knit Knack Patty Shack.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Love Dare: Day 13

Love fights fair.

Now we're hitting too close to home, here. Today's challenge: talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement and resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs. If your mate is not ready for this, then write out your won personal rules to 'fight' by.

I'm not gonna list them all here, but the gist of this is that I have to quit yelling. I also have a really bad habit of bringing up other stuff and I'm vicious and venomous. I do and say things when I'm angry that I wouldn't normally do under other circumstances. Not good. I've got to learn to move on and quit holding on to all the bad stuff.

Think I'll be goin alone on this one. Don't know that the spouse will be so willing to set up fair 'rules of engagement'.

Back later.

Day 13, midday:
Seems to be some sort of radio silence. I haven't spoke to him. Sent him an email, no response. Tried to call him, got a text message. Hmmm. . .tryin not to feel lonely. Guess I'll just have to crochet some more.

Day 13, endnote:
Day actually perked up at the end, though I'm not allowed to discuss the details because I was asked not to. I can say this much: divorce is no longer on the table. Now, I just have to figure out how to get through the rest of it.

*sigh* Still the waiting game, one day at a time. Back tomorrow.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online