Here's where I muse, I knit, I crochet, I quilt, I rant, I rave, I carry on about the world in general. My patterns and notes on patterns will appear on Knit Knack Patty Shack.

Friday, March 13, 2009

The Love Dare: Day 14

Love takes delight.

Today's' challenge: purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse.

Well, today's' activity will be crocheting. I will put it away when he comes to see me and not drag it back out until he leaves. Seems fair enough to me. Don't know how well my hands are going to adjust to this, they need something to keep them from fidgeting. I'll get through this though.

Back later.

Day 14, midday:
Battling the quiet and loneliness. I'm in a place where I've never been. Usually whenever one of the cities along my road has been bombed or burned, I leave it be and then discard the pieces when all is said and done. Today, however, I'm rebuilding. I have to go through the pieces, find the ones worth keeping, and discard the ones that will only make the city weak. This is a time consuming and slow process. I've never done this before. It's all brand new territory to me. I am seriously gonna have to seek Daniel's advice on this.

I suppose my biggest fear is that the city will be bombed again. That everything I am working so hard to rebuild will just be burnt back down to the ground. I feel this urgent need to draw into myself and put back up all those shields that protected me for so long. I know that I'm not alone, I just feel. . .cold. Like I can't find my blanket or my slippers. Not so cold that I'm unresponsive, but cold because there's nothing there to warm me.

The rain finally stopped, but the waters are still choppy. I still hear thunder in the distance and occasionally, I see lightning. I'm still holding out for warmer days, though. I've come too far to turn around now. Might as well see where this journey is going to lead me. Lyrics form Third Day's Mountain of God give me hope:

Even though the journey's long,
and I know the road is hard.
Well the one who's gone before me,
He will help me carry on.
And after all that I've been through,
now I realize the truth
that I must go through the valley
to stand upon the Mountain of God.

Back later.

Day 14, evening:
Didn't realize how bored I was until I played an hour of Mah Jongg. Called Daniel, he laughed at me. Said dating isn't supposed to end, even when you're married. Guess I really screwed that one up, huh? *sigh* Still trying to get through my day.

Back later.

Day 14, endnote:
Well, failed the challenge,. Have to repeat it tomorrow, but failed it with flying colors! Hehehe

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online