Here's where I muse, I knit, I crochet, I quilt, I rant, I rave, I carry on about the world in general. My patterns and notes on patterns will appear on Knit Knack Patty Shack.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Love Dare: Day 5

Love is not Rude

Ahh, geez. Do we have to go there? Challenge for today: ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated simply to gain their perspective.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Why do I have to do this? I know, I know. It's not just about being rude, it's about humility. Learning to be humble and to accept my faults and change them is an aspect of a healthy marriage.

I cannot complete this dare until after church because I have to sit down with him face to face. This one is going to tougher than Day 3 ever thought about being. I don't know if I'm prepared for what he's going to say. I know that I have to listen and take what he says into consideration.

I know that this whole Love dare is to improve me, not to improve him. So I think about this day with a heavy heart. I'm off to crochet a shrug, and watch cartoons until the baby's naptime. Lift me up, I need it.

Day 5, endnote:
I actually listened and understood him and agreed. Odd. I know. But I completed Day 5 without a hitch.

Best advice I've had all day came from Daniel: don't worry about what I can't control. If I can't control it, I put it in God's hands.

I also started fasting. For those of you who are not familiar with biblical traditions, fasting is giving up something important to you to get in touch with God. I gave up food. I can only drink liquids and eat peppermints. That's it. I'm starving, but no one has died from fasting. I have a major migraine, but that will go away. I don't intend to eat until God moves in my situation. Looks like it's gonna be awhile on my end. It's the waiting game.

More tomorrow with Day 6.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online